The oldest part of the Leufstadius house (Rantakatu 32) dates from 1804, and the small part facing Cortenkatu, the former tobacco factory, is from 1830. The outbuildings of the house have been partly preserved. A storehouse dating from the 18th century has been moved into the yard of the Sovio house. The house has served as a private old-age home in the past.
The house is protected under the Act on the Protection of Buildings. However, the real estate developer who owned it until 1996 wanted to tear it down. The new owners, a Raahe family, have renovated the house under the guidance of the National Board of Antiquities.
The Ehrström house in Rantakatu 30 was owned by the same real estate company that owned the Leufstadius house. The house stood abandoned for years until it was partly destroyed by arson in 1987. It was never repaired even though the Board of Antiquities found renovation to be completely feasible. The Ehrström house and the outbuildings were demolished in 1991.
Today there is a courtyard of new buildings with 13 flats and outbuildings in Rantakatu 30. They were designed by Architect Matti Klemola in 1998.