The Holy Trinity church of Raahe was completed in 1912 after the old wooden church burned in 1908, and it was built of grey granite quarried from the islands off the shore of Raahe.
The church is designed by an architect and engineer Josef Stenbäck and it represents styles of art nouveau and romantic nationalism.
The church seats a congregation of about 600. The church was under renovation for over a year in 2011-2012, during that time and was restored to its original appearance.
Beneath the layers of paint the original bright colours of the seats and walls were found. The altar piece, “Heräävä toivo” (Awakening hope) was painted by artist Eero Järnefelt, a famous Finnish artist, in 1926. The altarpiece was restored during the same period, cotton swabs were used to clean the painting from the candle smoke which had built up over 80 years. Raahe church serves as a roadside church.