Former house of the old pharmacist’s.
H. The former house of the old pharmacist’s has been restored to flats. Furthermore, a new backyard building with two flats was built on the plot in 1980, replacing an outbuilding. The part of the main building facing Cortenkatu dates from 1787 and the one facing the church square is from 1820. The exterior of the house carries interesting examples of different periods: the first boarding types date from the beginning of the 19th century, both the vertical staggered boarding and the vertical lathing as well as the closed matchboarding. The corner pilasters reveal an attempt to represent neo-classicism and the boarding style of the lower part of the facade is from the late 19th century. The achievements of this century can be seen in the yard: the different verandahs, porches and fences. Presumably, the house had originally six-paned windows, which were later altered into T-windows. The windows were also replaced during a renovation a few years ago.